Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Another rainy Melbourne Xmas

The rain and mild weather of the past few days was a welcome change from the few unbearably hot days last week. I can't think of a Christmas I've had in Melbourne where it didn't rain and the sky wasn't grey. It's a comforting feeling. I love the smell of the rain clouds building after a hot day.

I spent the day cooking then sitting on my mum's couch with my cat watching Xmas specials on TV. The station was mostly stuck on the Discovery Travel and Living Channel. I learnt all about (gaudy) American Christmas decorations and food. I'm really looking forward to experiencing my first white Christmas in Toronto or New York next year. I'm not even worried about the snow anymore. It'll give me the opportunity to dress up in cute layers, coats and gumboots.

Oh one of my neighbours is throwing up outside. Yup, it's a Melbourne Christmas.

No comments: